• 8 months ago

    Is it safe to donate blood?

    A month ago in April, I was admitted at a desperate time for drinking methanol and ethylene glycol (antifreeze) to get drunk which was cheaper than beer but to my mistake, cost me my kidney health. Luckily, I didn't go blind or suffer total kidney failure

    Even though my doctor says my kidney function seems normal, he admits that there could be underlying damage to my kidneys and other organs. Whenever I eat sugar or a protein meal like meat, beans, and even milk, I get pain at the back 30mins to 1 hour later along with pain in my chest near my heart. I never got this before I drank the toxic alcohols.

    I've also been getting random toe twiches of the small toe.

    In regards to the original question, is it safe to donate blood? I dont' want to risk anemia but my doctor says it's fine.