• 7 months ago

    RE: Why doctors and cardiologist strongly discard EECP treatment and disodium EDTA chillation to heart patients?

    Briefly here, EECP has shown 'mixed' results while chelation therapy is basically seen as a scam, according to some experts.

    "Is there no other alternative to angioplasty and bypass for a heart patient with one stent in LAD and EF=60% (after stent placement).

    A left ventricular ejection fraction (LVEF) of 60% is within normal range.

    Depending on the severity and location of a blockage or blockages, angioplasty (PTCA), with or without the placement of one or more drug-eluting stents (DES) provides immediate relief of symptom(s), and complete restoration of blood flow to the heart muscle (myocardium), so that is often the best treatment available when coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgery is either deemed not necessary or not feasible, as determined on a case-by-case basis.

    ALWAYS best to get a second professional medical opinion, in person, in order to feel comfortable that one is receiving the absolute finest care and treatment for his/her "individulized" cardiac condition(s).

    The opinions expressed in WebMD Message Boards are solely those of the User, who may or may not have medical or scientific training. These opinions do not represent the opinions of WebMD.

    Message Boards are not reviewed by a WebMD physician or any member of the WebMD editorial staff for accuracy, balance, objectivity, or any other reason except for compliance with our Terms and Conditions.

    Do not consider Message Boards as medical advice. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your doctor or other qualified healthcare provider because of something you have read on WebMD. You should always speak with your doctor before you start, stop, or change any prescribed part of your care plan or treatment.

    WebMD understands that reading individual, real-life experiences can be a helpful resource, but it is never a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment from a qualified health care provider.

    If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or dial 911 immediately.
  • 7 months ago