• 9 months ago

    Writing a report for my own chronic illness

    Hi Everyone,
    I'm suffering from an undiagnosed illness, chronic (all over the body) pain and fatigue plus the additional psychological effects of it, for the past 20 years.
    Every time I visit a doctor I have to repeat the story and symptoms and sometimes I don't describe the situation clearly and/or the doctor doesn't understand/forgets.
    So I'm writing a case report of my condition, so it would be easier to just handle them paper.
    Could you please guide me on how to do so.
    Thanks in advance.


  • RE: Writing a report for my own chronic illness

    I have been told to journal my symptoms on a daily basis. Along with the timeline of my diagnoses. That is still helpful to this day even after being diagnosed with fibromyalgia because it helps to find a possible pattern. It also helps me to manage my illness. And when I have an appointment with my rheumatologist, i take my journal along with me in order to remember and also to ask the questions.
      • 8 months ago
        thanks, but what I actually meant is a one time report, one or two papers describing the condition and tests and medication used, but in a scientific way, not just throwing everything on.
  • RE: Writing a report for my own chronic illness

    You can also request a case manager to be assigned to your case for that purpose from your health insurance. That person is a health care professional to assist you with direction.
    I requested one from my United Insurance Plan .
    It is beneficial to the patient and the insurance company because it could save money on unnecessary claims and dr appointments.
  • RE: Writing a report for my own chronic illness

    I wrote mine in a format that they give you as a summary of your Dr visit.
  • 4 months ago

    RE: Writing a report for my own chronic illness

    See a Rheumatolgist or Neurologist. Sounds like Fibromyalgia but these two types of phyisians will be able to diagnose & treat you. My Neurologist diagnosed me then referred me to a Rheumatolgist for treatment. My Neurologist also sent me to Physical Therapy which helped me with exercises, stretches to relieve a lot of my pain!