• 3 months ago

    Alcohol allergy or intolerance?

    I am 24yo female and healthy with no allergies.
    Whenever I drink alcohol I feel very unwell. I am drinking more at the moment due to social events but if I have any more than two drinks I feel nauseous and weak and very tired.

    Last night I had 3 beers and a glass of wine, this is my limit and I was feeling drunk. My boyfriend had to put me to bed as I was feeling sick and so dizzy. I am so angry at myself for making myself feel so ill.

    The main problems I have with alcohol are the next day.
    It's nearly 3pm and I have not yet been able to get out of bed.
    I have severe nausea and still dizzy.If I move or get up I'm running to the bathroom retching. I have the shakes and a fast heartbeat. I am unable to eat anything, except a few grapes, which isn't helping me feel better. I'm just drinking lots of water.
    I doubt I will be able to get out of bed for the rest of the day.

    I have read that an allergy would cause symptoms such as runny nose and fever and I don't have that. I am wondering if I could have an intolerance? Or maybe I am just sensitive to alcohol. It's frustrating because people think I'm just hungover and should be able to push through it but I am honestly almost bed bound today, I feel that unwell.